Thursday, March 6, 2008

Springtime Snow Day

If there's ever a time I was thankful I crossed town to take midterms early, it's now. Today, on a Thursday like any other Thursday, we've been stricken with winter in the spring. The weather was projected to be so precarious today that the kids' school let out at 1:30, though I didn't get the district phone call until 2:00. Fortunately, James saw news of the kids' early release on the website of a local channel and called me so I could arrange for a neighbor to meet them at home. I was trapped in traffic far, far away from here with no chance of making it home before them. Though I was stuck in traffic, my normally 40 minute drive was extended to about an hour, so only a twenty minute increase. James is making that same drive now, and it took him about twenty minutes just to turn left out of his office parking lot. I think he's going to have a very long night.

Anyway, I got home about ten minutes after kids and made them come in to bundle up for their snowy play day. While I baked cookies as a "thank you" for the neighbor, the kids made snow angels, had a snowball fight, and built their first snowman. Gracie stayed out until her feet couldn't stand it anymore, but I had to practically drag Bub back into the house. He's been in long enough to defrost and down some Hot Cocoa and a banana for energy, and he's ready to go again. I think he'd spend the night out there if I'd let him.

Weather-wise, one never knows what to expect here in Texas. I just think it's so ironic that the kids were riding bikes over Christmas, and playing in the snow come spring.


So Happy for Snow




Snow Angels

Note Bub doing a face-down snow angel in the neighbor's yard.
Yea, we don't know what to do with snow 'round these parts...

















Snowball Fight



Our Friend, the Snow Poke

Click on the Photo Collage to Enlarge



9 comments:

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.