Friday, March 7, 2008

Recipe Exchange: Potato Chip Chicken Fingers

This is a quick and easy alternative to deep fried chicken fingers. Originally found in the 1996 version of Disney's Family Cookbook, this quick and simple meal is great for using up the last of the chips in a bag. Experiment with chip flavors, or mix them up for a unique combination.

Potato Chip Chicken Fingers

1 whole boneless, skinless chicken breast
5-6 ounces potato chips, plain or flavored
1 egg
2 T. milk

Preheat the oven to 400. Cut the chicken into finger-size pieces. Fill a large, sealable plastic bag with the potato chips, seal the bag, and crush the chips with the back of a wooden spoon.

In a small bowl, whisk the egg and milk. Dip the chicken pieces into the egg mixture, then into the bag. Shake gently to cover. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping once during the cooking time. Serve with barbeque sauce, salsa, or Honey Mustard Dip. Serves 4.

For more great recipes to mix up your menu, check out the Recipe Swap and Hop at the Proverbs 31 Ministries blog.

6 comments:

  • Ceci G.

    LOL I was only planning to read and enjoy by sight the different recipes, but this is one I was actually looking for! After a bit of a scare at work yesterday (I'm 36 weeks into my pregnancy and had some "medical" issues at the office in front of co-workers and customers), we have decided that I probably better not try to put another week in, but know that will require us to shop "smarter". I was telling my hubby it meant more cooking from scratch, and a similar recipe came to mind. Thanks to God for having you post it. Now I don't have to tear the kitchen apart to find it!

    Blessings!

  • Celly B

    I bet my children will love this recipe! Thanks for sharing!

  • Anonymous

    This looks like one our son will love!
    Be blessed!

  • BethAnne

    How can I go wrong with this one? chicken fingers and potato chips - my kids will love these

  • Wifeof1Momof4

    Thank you, I am making these this week for lunch. I knew there was a SIMPLE alternative to deep fried and expensive. :)

  • Pam

    Yummy! These sound delicious. My kids will LOVE them, even my picky one who says she doesn't like anything with birds in it. She loves potato chips.

    Thanks for sharing!

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.