Friday, March 21, 2008

All Varieties of Miscellaneousness

Just when you think everyone has a blog, it gets worse...

I'm sure this video is so wrong in so many ways, but it made me laugh.



In the way of updates, we are each quite unhappy to see Spring Break coming to an end. James and Bub are bonding over basketball, both by March Madness and some game for the 360, Gracie has been crafting like crazy, and I've found ample time for blog-stalking and sleeping -- two things that usually do not go hand in hand. Speaking of sleeping, the kids are only now on the very best sleeping schedule ever -- I woke them today around 10:00 A.M. (after checking in on them every 15 minutes or so to make sure they were still breathing -- do we ever stop doing that?). Knowing it's time to return to normal, we all agree that summer can't come soon enough. With that in mind, though, I was sickened by an article I read today regarding a horrible pool accident, and a little girl who died. (Such an awful tragedy, and now I have something new to be paranoid cautious about.)

More randomness:

Today while playing with her Barbies, Gracie was singing, "Here comes the bride, all dressed and wide." I corrected her, telling her she should sing dressed in white, not dressed and wide. She disagreed with me, stating that brides were free to wear purple.

*Sigh.*

Frugally speaking, I'm not sure what to say about this week. With half the week spent out of town, and the other half recuperating, I've not been out couponing at all. We've not spent much on groceries because we mostly ate out in Missouri and Oklahoma (we paid for some, and were treated some). Since coming home, we've subsisted on whatever could be found in the freezer and pantry. We had jambalaya two nights in a row (by request), and some other interesting meal combinations. The only meal plan I've made for this week is our having ham on Sunday, and other than that, all other proactivity must wait until children return to school.

Lastly, as for me and my blogging yesterday,

Weeping may last through the night,
but joy comes with the morning.

Psalm 30:5

I will sing with joy about your unfailing love.
For you have been my refuge,
a place of safety when I am in distress.

Psalm 59:16

... Live carefree before God; he is most careful with you...
You're not the only ones plunged into these hard times.
It's the same with Christians all over the world.
So keep a firm grip on the faith.
The suffering won't last forever.
It won't be long before this generous God who has great plans for us in Christ
— eternal and glorious plans they are! —
will have you put together and on your feet for good.
He gets the last word; yes, he does.

I Peter 5:7b, 9b-11 MSG

4 comments:

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.