Tuesday, May 13, 2008

We're having salad and dirt for dinner

Allow me to share with you a mere morsel of my Mother's Day sweetness. Bub brought home a Mother's Day tribute book he fashioned at school, complete with multi-colored flowers, marker smudges, and plenty of exclamation points.
(Book Title: Happy Mother's Day Mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

As I opened the Manila paper cover, I thought,
"Maybe I'm not doing such a bad job."


I turned the page and felt proud that he understands
how obedience benefits us all:


Ah, the dagger of guilt. Welcome, my old friend.


I'm not particularly fond of tomatoes,
and I can't recall dirt ever being on the menu.
Surely he knows how I love chocolate.


"What I Know About my Mother:" A List
Remarkable details, but not one of them true.
Still, we're having salad for dinner --
and maybe some dirt.


(Who thinks it's a gift to have her child guess her weight? Seriously.)

10 comments:

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.