Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Collective on the Day of Finals

So, I've procrastinated as long as I possibly can, and I'm now on campus mere steps from the testing center. It's the morning of the day before the final Final day, and I have to wrap up Biology. (My Algebra class ended about a week and a half ago, but I've not said anything about that just in case my instructor dropped by and realized she let me pass. It's highly probable that's a mistake.)

Anyhoo, about the Biology, I'm blogging from the library instead of testing. So clearly, my priorities are in order. Oh, me.

Because I'm serious about my education and all, I've assembled a collective of nonsense for today's post, because it's so unlike the everyday nonsense around here. (Oh, by the way -- I learned the HTML code for a line. Aren't they pretty?)



From BBC News, "A violinist who left his 285-year-old instrument in the back of a New York cab has played a concert to thank the driver who returned it to him." [And he gave the free concert as a gift to the cabbie who he clearly blames in the interview -- he says he knew the violin was in there, but the cabbie just drove off.] (Story)



From CNN.com, Blogs are as good as group therapy (Story)



Big Mama made me rethink my lunch plans. I was thinking about a healthy salad, but now I can't get Outback Cheese Fries with Ranch out of my mind. Maybe if I offer my Biology instructor some Cheese Fries, she'll give me a better grade on the test I'm not taking. Hmmm...



My friend Emily posted a link to geoGreeting yesterday. My thoughts:

1.) Some people have waaaay too much time on their hands. (The geeks* who built the site, not Emily. Just want to be clear.)

2.) This thing is awesome! Here is my message to you... (It takes a minute to load, but I think it's worth it. I think you'll agree.)

*Their word, not mine.

7 comments:

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.