Monday, May 5, 2008

In Consideration of Mother's Day

Mother's Day is a joy for many. But for women who want to bear children and cannot for whatever reason, it is often a bittersweet day or one filled with pain.

Last year, Mother's Day was a few days after Zachary's death. Not only could I not bear the baby dedications at church, I could do little more than let the children take me to The Waffle House. Even then, it took some convincing for that outing, and despite my best effort to put on a brave face, I left there in tears when women ripe with babies waddled in for their waffles.

Michele at Stories of My Life addressed this issue with her pastor, and they took measures to honor not only mothers, but also those who longed to be, and I think that is a beautiful idea.

5 comments:

  • Randi~Dukes and Duchesses

    That really is a neat idea. Until I had friends who had lost babies, I had never considered that Mother's Day was a painful day for so many ... not just for those who have lost children, but as that letter stated, those who have rocky relationships with their children too.

  • Michele

    Thanks Amanda:) You know I will be praying for you this weekend.

  • Amy

    Good things to remember...

    Thinking of you as Mother's Day approaches - and every day.

  • In His Grip

    Good point. I know it's hard for those that have lost their mom's too.
    It was good to catch up on all your blogs. You are one busy friend. Way to go. I know you are appreciated.

  • Emily

    I am so glad that you brought this issue up. I will be praying for you and all the other friends and family members of mine that have lost babies in the last few years.

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.