Monday, October 8, 2007

Gig 'em, Aggies!

To celebrate James' birthday, we went again to an Aggie football game. We see the Aggies more than we see our family! The drive to College Station (where we go often) is about the same as the drive to Tulsa (where we hardly go at all). I was thinking about that on my way home, and feel like I probably need to plan a weekend up there pretty soon... and I hate road trips. The road part, not the trip part. Anyway, I digress.

We went to see the Aggies play the OSU Cowboys. James' brother Jerald gave him four tickets in a great section. Our seats were so good! They had backs and arms, they were right by the bathrooms and concession stands, and they had a fantastic view. I think the better seats helped be to better understand football! Fortunately, this will be our last game of the season because I am throughly spoiled. I will accept nothing less than these fantastic and very expensive seats in the future.

As for going out of town, it was the most inopportune time. I was at the end of a literary unit and literally had to spend the entire game reading Narrative of the Life by Frederick Douglass (which is life changing, by the way). Despite the reading, the game was fantastic and the Aggies had a dramatic comeback in the second half followed by a one-point win. James couldn't have gotten a better birthday present than a victory for his beloved Aggies.

Going Through the Tunnel with Uncle Jerald

Great Seats!

Ever Studious:
Reading Douglass During the Game


Be Prepared.

She Couldn't Make It...

The Final Score

0 comments:

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.