Monday, October 22, 2007

Get Dead

Tonight as we were driving home from Celebrate Recovery,
I had this conversation with the kids:

Gracie: Hey mom, I know why Mr. Bruce took Rachel to school today. Because Ms. DeDe had a baby.
Bub: What? A baby?
Me: Yep, Ms. DeDe had a baby today. Rachel's a big sister now.
Bub: Was the baby alive?
Me: Yes, she was.
Bub: Well, mom, how come all of your babies get dead? How come we don't have any of the babies that were in your tummy?
Me: I don't know, Honey. That's a very good question. I wish I knew the answer.

It's so sad that even their innocence is lost...

2 comments:

  • Amy

    I'm sorry that you had to have that sad conversation with your kids tonight. How great that they can talk honestly and openly with you about things that some families would hush away though. They are going to be very healthy people because they have seen how well James and you have handled the hard things of this life.
    I am praying for you.

  • Anonymous

    ditto...

    Chelsea was a bit older before she had to face those issues but it still affected her. And she's made many a sacrifice over the years as Ethan has grown.

    Our children are incredibly strong, resilient and wise beyond their years.

    Peace.

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.