Monday, July 28, 2008

On Becoming a Wife

"The man who finds a wife finds a treasure,
and he receives favor from the Lord."

-- Proverbs 18:22 NLT


When I became a Christian fifteen years ago, one of the sweetest women took me under her wing, mentoring me and teaching me about the Lord. Not only did she have head knowledge about what it meant to serve God, she was (and is) a living example of Christ in the flesh. I have been blessed to have her in my life all these years.

For as long as I've known her, Lois has waited patiently for God to bring her a husband. As her friends married, she waited. As her mentees married, she waited. As the children of her friends became adults and married, she waited. Some days were harder than other days, but Lois was diligent in seeking the Lord constantly, making certain that He remained her focus and priority.

The Lord has honored her faithfulness, and Lois will be married on 08/08/08. Yesterday, I gathered with several of her friends and we showered her gifts and prayers and words of blessing. It's amazing to see God's promise come to pass.


"I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart;
I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done.
I will be filled with joy because of you.
I will sing praises to your name, O Most High."

-- Psalm 9:1-2



1 comments:

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.