Sunday, July 13, 2008

Beautiful Quotes Made More Beautiful

I'm essentially done creating new blog designs for my friends -- whew! I still spend time scoping out new blog backgrounds for future use, however, since I'm not presently creating anything for anyone, I've been having Scrapblog withdrawals. Until I'm ready to rework my own layout, I've been getting my fix creating pretty little quote boxes to coordinate with some headers I designed.

The green one is mine...

...while the flowery one is Marcie's.

7 comments:

  • Anonymous

    Hi Amanda, Did you and Marcie, created the quote boxes in Scrapblog too? I'm just curious.

  • Randi~Dukes and Duchesses

    Those are so cute!

  • Amanda

    Hi Carlos -- I created both quote boxes using Scrapblog. Since I designed both of our blog headers using Scrapblog, I just made coodinating boxes with the same patterned paper/embellishments.

    The same could be done with pictures, favorite scriptures, other images. The possibilities really are endless.

    Be aware that quotes really aren't available in Scrapblog (scriptures, literary quotes, etc.), so come prepared with one found elsewhere. Also, serious cropping will be in order to make a box narrow enough to fit into a sidebar. Making a quote box is a process, but an enjoyable one.

  • Anonymous

    Gorgeous quotes!

  • Anonymous

    Hi Amanda,

    Wow, that's a very crafty use of Scrapblog. Thanks for sharing the details on how to create buttons.

  • taralynn819

    Amanda!!! You've heard of John Piper, right? Pastor in Minneapolis? I just stumbled upon his daughter-in-law's blog. Jeromy actually bumped into Pastor Piper and his son Abraham on the MSP airport tram one time. How funny!

    I just thought I'd pass along her link because they too can empathize with the loss of a child.

    Plus, I mean come on, what a great family! Amazing writers, thinkers, and believers.

    http://thepipers.wordpress.com/

  • Amy

    BEEEE-U-TIFUL!

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.