Friday, December 5, 2008

25 Days of Christmas -- Day 5: The Nutcracker Ballet

My friend Stacy issued a "25 Days of Christmas" challenge.
To participate, post 25 ways you celebrate the Christmas season.


Today, we (along with my mom) joined a local homeschool group to see the Nutcracker Ballet at the Will Rogers Memorial Center Auditorium in Fort Worth. I've seen the ballet a few times before, primarily when my niece Chelsea danced in a production for the Tulsa Ballet, but today's Nutcracker experience was a first for the kids.

Having danced before, I knew Gracie would love a trip to the ballet. I was right. I thought Bub might lose interest right away, but he was quite intrigued, whispering questions to one or the other adult flanking him nearly the whole show through. I think we might have to pick up a Nutcracker or a Nutcracker ornament to commemorate the day's events.

A Family Outing


Gracie's "High-Powered Binoculars"
just in time for the show...


Clara and her Nutcracker doll


Micellany

1 comments:

  • amy

    Your nutcracker performance was MUCH fancier than ours! lol I'm so happy to have boys & get to spend more time at football games than ballets! :)

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.