Tuesday, December 16, 2008

25 Days of Christmas -- Day 16: Christmas Cards

My friend Stacy issued a "25 Days of Christmas" challenge.
To participate, post 25 ways you celebrate the Christmas season.


I love getting Christmas cards, and I really don't mind sending them. This year, though, probably 63% of the people I know moved. I've been on the hunt for current addresses, and instead of sending out cards in waves (as I probably should have done), I've held onto them to send all at once. Time is tick-tocking away. If you've moved and haven't gotten a request from me for your new contact information, or if we're new friends and I don't know where you live, or if you read this blog and want to be on my holiday card list (tee hee!), please e-mail me with your address. (Click here for link.)

As for the Christmas cards, I didn't think I had a suitable picture to use when it came time to print, so I drug the kids out for a photo session on an unusually cold Texas day. As if that wasn't bad enough, I didn't let them wear their coats. Then, I hauled them to Sam's Club and made them wait patiently while I clicked through thousands of pictures still on my memory card and fiddled with the various card designs. After all of that, I decided to scrap the pictures we'd just made and go with one from Hawaii.

The Rejected Photos


photo credit: cartoonchurch.com

5 comments:

  • Randi~Dukes and Duchesses

    You're lucky your kids haven't strung you up with Christmas lights after the photo fiasco! :) I like your card diagram at the top ... very true.

  • amy

    That cartoon is HILARIOUS! Isn't that exactly the way it goes? lol

  • Angela

    This is totally true!!! We haven't sent them out for three years now, and I feel awfully guilty about it. It always hangs over my head... even in the middle of July. I need to get my rear in gear!

    And if your little one dropped her change in our bucket, she would get many "Thanks" and "Merry Christmases" and even a candy cane. I know, the guys usually out there are so humbug!

  • taralynn819

    This year I'm feeling the "naughty or too busy" sentiment. Although, over the last three years I've been sending out New Years cards, which ends up a win-win. It means I can focus on cards AFTER all the baking, shopping, wrapping, fa la la la la is over. (I'm really a fan of little to no pressure!) And since people don't really expect any cards in January, it makes their return to non-holiday normalcy a little brighter! Plus, New Years Cards can become a fun tradition! Plus, people will remember yours more because it didn't come with the "flood" of all the other well-wishes.

  • For The Girls

    I love the pix even though they were rejected - where did you take them?

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.