Thursday, December 18, 2008

25 Days of Christmas -- Day 18: Reindeer Poop and Other Holiday Treats

My friend Stacy issued a "25 Days of Christmas" challenge.
To participate, post 25 ways you celebrate the Christmas season.


Part of the fun of the holiday season is candy -- buying it, making it, eating it. The kids are probably allowed to have more candy at Christmastime than at Halloween or any other time of the year. Maybe I'm just in a giving mood, maybe I'm disoriented by all the twinkle lights, I don't know. I just know that the kids have figured out that if there's a reindeer stamped on the Snickers bar at the checkout, there's a real good chance I'll say yes.

The most fun we've had with candy purchases this year we had at World Market. We were browsing there recently, buying coffee and stocking stuffers, when we happened upon the aisle of poop. My kids are six and eight, and they both think anything that happens in the bathroom is hilarious, so when they were eye level with shelf after shelf of reindeer poop, elf poop, pig poop, Santa poop, and so on, I thought they might die from all the hilarity. Good mother that I am (ahem), I told them how gross they were being, but when I saw one package stating that the product "did not contain actual poop," I couldn't stop myself from laughing... or from buying. We came home with a reindeer that pooped cola-flavored nuggets.

Later on, we made our own candied pretzels with vanilla, chocolate, and peppermint chips, and topped with Christmas tree sprinkles.


Showing Off the Supplies
(Don't worry -- we didn't dip those pretzels...)


The Pretzel Toppers


Dipping the Twists

3 comments:

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.