Monday, December 15, 2008

25 Days of Christmas -- Day 15: Ornament Exchange

My friend Stacy issued a "25 Days of Christmas" challenge.
To participate, post 25 ways you celebrate the Christmas season.


Tonight, as part of our monthly Bunco game, we exchanged Christmas ornaments. My friend Randi, who is oh-so-creative, had everyone bring an ornament and leave it at the seat where they started the game. Then, in typical fashion, we rounded from table to table based on our wins and losses. At the end of the last round, we got to take home the ornament left at the chair where we sat.

My friend DeDe (who is way behind on blogging) took home the ornament set I brought, and I took home a cute gingerbread house ornament from Kendra, a longtime friend undergoing some major life changes.

I couldn't be happier about the ornament I received. I have a feeling that for the next few years the holiday season will be difficult for Kendra, a reminder of how her life has changed. I'm so blessed to have her ornament hanging on my tree, serving as a prompt to pray for her throughout the season, hopefully making her burden lighter.

3 comments:

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.