Monday, November 3, 2008

Let it begin...

I know I've not provided an update with regards to the adoption process because, thus far, there's not been anything worth saying. Some time back, we submitted our interest form to our chosen agency, along with payment for the adoption education seminar scheduled for November 21/22. Meanwhile, I've been gathering documents necessary for our home study, praying, and witnessing God do amazing adoption miracles through blogs of people I know indirectly.

The two blogs I'm watching most closely are Learning How to Fly, which chronicles the adoption journey of a couple from our church, and Bevins Family, the blog of my friend's sister Kim who lost two babies in a row and who is now on her way to adoption through miraculous circumstances. As an aside, would you please join me in praying for them as they wait for their families to grow? May they have patience and God's peace as they wait, may God bless the birth mothers and bring the families together quickly, may the relationships be all that God intends them to be. Also, pray for the birth moms -- that God would bless them for the selfless decision they're making for the babies they're carrying, and that they would grow closer to and rely on Him during what I imagine to be an extraordinarily difficult process.

Until now, we've only been waiting, distanced, aloof. I've considered working on our album, particularly after watching all that Holly and Ben have gone through, but with our vacation and school and my troublesome little ovaries (long story), I've not done any more. In fact, I've pushed the whole adoption issue to the point in my mind that I only visit it during prayer time, and even then, it's more of an "I'm yielding to whatever you have planned, God" sort of way.

Today, though, the whole issue was brought back to the surface when I got an e-mail that our official intake interview has been scheduled, which is part one of our home study process. Because we have to travel to our chosen agency, they're making special concession for us. We'll meet with our Child Placement Manager the morning of the 21st before attending the seminar over the rest of the weekend. His plan is to work quickly with us after that to complete our home study and move us into the approved family pool.

As for a time frame, I have no idea. I think interview until home study completion is probably about six weeks long. Provided we get approved by the agency, birth moms will probably begin seeing our album sometime after the first of the year. After that, it's all in God's hands. We could have a placement within days or years or never at all. No matter the outcome, we are truly yielded to Him in this, and know that He has our best interests at heart. Still, we would appreciate your prayers. May His will be done in His perfect timing, and may this be an experience that draws us nearer to Him.

9 comments:

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.