Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Because My Crockpot is My Secret Weapon

Souptacular08

I am enamoured with my crockpot, and was therefore embarrassingly excited when BooMama began hinting at pulling together a Souptacular Crockpotalooza, which she has now decided to do -- tomorrow. I am a huge fan of soup this time of year, and my crockpot is my secret weapon.

Take today, for example. I knew today would be a very busy day filled with schoolwork and pants shopping for my gargantuan children and gift shopping because I procrastinated and a first birthday party and traffic because it is D/FW and running home to let the dog out and a quick costume change in the car and a fall festival and hurrying home again to eat and bathe and read and sleep. A busy day, to say the least!

In the midst of my hurry, a savory dinner comprised of cheap chicken thighs, the last few bits of celery, part of an onion and some bouillon was home bubbling away all day. When I returned home, all I had to do was add some dumplings to the hot broth, and a few minutes later, a super-easy, soul-warming, tastes-like-a-million-bucks home-cooked meal.

Because I am a certified soup-loving dork, I cannot wait for BooMama's Mr. Linky to become overwhelmed with the recipes I'm certain will keep us souped up all season. If you're looking for some new recipes, visit the BooMama blog tomorrow. If you have some recipes to share, then by all means, please take the button and link up.


** Oh, and We Are That Family is hosting a Blogoversary Giveaway with a $100 Chick-fil-a gift card up for grabs. Tell her how long you've been blogging/blog-stalking and get registered. Also if you win, you totally owe me a nugget 12-pack. I'm not kidding...

5 comments:

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.