Monday, October 6, 2008

Aloha, O'ahu (and in that, I mean "goodbye")


We left Hawaii last night around sunset. The breeze spilling into the open-aired Honolulu International Airport was as warm as ever, and we stayed out in it until boarding was inevitable. Only James was ready to go home.

The flight back to Texas was crowded and uncomfortable, and I spent most of the very long journey peeling Gracie off the sleeping stranger to her left. Though James and I were up most all night, we were fortunate that both kids slept nearly the whole way. Once in Texas, we were greeted by rain and the normally welcomed chilly Fall weather. I guess it's time to return to reality.

Oh Hawaii, I miss you already (though I am a tiny bit glad to be home).

An under dressed Gracie trying to stay warm

4 comments:

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.