Friday, September 26, 2008

When waiting comes to an end...

Giving birth
is like taking your lower lip
and forcing it over your head.

-- Carol Burnett

Several weeks ago I mentioned my sister-in-law, the other Amanda, is pregnant with my new little niece Rae Lynn. After a struggle with sketchy blood pressures and today's 36-week appointment that revealed low amniotic fluid, Amanda is now in the hospital being induced. They've settled in for the night, and delivery is anticipated sometime tomorrow.

Dustin called me around lunchtime to share news of the appointment and the plans of the day. I then tracked down my mom while he made arrangements for their older daughter and helped Amanda gather her things. My mom shuffled personal plans and work obligations (since she didn't anticipate being back in Oklahoma before the middle of October) and quickly hit the road. I tried and tried to figure out a way to tag along. Unfortunately, I can't be a part of their big day since our travel plans are just around the corner -- there's just not enough time. Fortunately, they're all so understanding.

I've been on the phone with my brother and my mother several times today, and their excitement level is through the roof. I wish in so many ways that I could share their joy...


photo credit: billaday

2 comments:

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.