Thursday, September 4, 2008

Lunch Bunch and the Butterfly Festival

My friend Randi coordinates a highchair/homeschool lunch bunch, and today was the kickoff. It was good to catch up with friends I see so infrequently (though because I read their blogs, I feel like I see them every day). We shared lunch and great conversation and my kids enjoyed time on the playground.

While at lunch, Randi and Amy told me about a local butterfly festival, so we stopped by as soon as we parted ways with our friends. The "festival" was in truth a bunch of butterflies in a tent, but to the kids, it was totally magical. We spent probably an hour catching butterflies on slices of fruit or juice-covered fingers, and the kids were so sad to return to real life.

2 comments:

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.