Wednesday, September 3, 2008

When I Fall Off the Face of the Earth

Last night, James casually mentioned, "You know, it's been about eleven days since you blogged. I'm sure people think I've killed you." I've had good blogging intentions, it's just that I've been swamped beyond belief.

In the last week and a half, we've been out of town twice to two different states, visited distant friends and family, picked up missing documentation for our adoption home study, changed the method by which I intended to homeschool, returned several school items I originally planned to use, purchased all the last of our curriculum (including the stuff I decided to switch to), wrote out our school plan and coordinated field trips and events for the next several weeks, bought and assembled new bookshelves and a TV unit, rearranged the game room and shifted furniture downstairs into our bedroom, reorganized our personal library, began reorganizing both kid's rooms, viewed the adoption informational DVD, confirmed our attendance at the education seminar (read: made a financial commitment), connected with a local social worker for the home study, celebrated Labor Day, met our potential new sister-in-law, caught up on TIVOed Big Brother, went to an Aggie football game, shuffled two kids to back-to-back and doubled-up soccer practices in preparation for season kickoff this weekend, began my own French class by completing both written and oral assignments, and started homeschooling. Whew!

I have several posts with pictures coming, but I'm on my way out the door to a planning meeting for a local homeschool group. In the meantime, please be assured that I am indeed still alive, and missing each one of you (and your blogs) terribly.

14 comments:

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.