Monday, June 30, 2008

Perhaps it could be said that I'm official...

So, I knew this lady once who really wanted to be a writer. She submitted manuscripts and articles and had a collection of rejection letters. Surprisingly, I'm not talking about myself. Novel, I know.

Anyhow, I was at church once when the lady approached me to tell me she'd become an official writer (as if the love and process of writing didn't already make her so). She told me she'd been "published" on a website to which she subscribed, and she'd just been paid $0.33 for an article. It was the getting paid that made her official.

Well, I got my very first check from BlogHer today.

I actually received a monetary reward for spending some time sharing my junk with you all. Can you believe it? It's insane in the most awesome of ways.

Not that we can retire on $26.34, but I blog for the love of blogging. Getting paid is a real bonus. The payment was based on readership over the last quarter, so thanks so much for checking in and keeping up. Based on the thought process of the lady I know, I guess it could be said that I'm now official.

4 comments:

  • taralynn819

    Don't spend it all in one place!

    Or wait, it's for water, right?

    I haven't launched into "paid bloggy-land" yet, but I stumbled upon this legit website you might want to check out:

    http://www.freelancewritinggigs.com/

    They have something for everyone. I peruse once in a while but haven't gone any further than that.

    I did, however, receive 2 rebate checks in the mail over the last week, from a couple CVS "purchases" a while back. I kind of didn't expect the rebates to process (the pessimist in me, I guess), so it made for a fun surprise when I spotted the checks in the mailbox.

  • Randi~Dukes and Duchesses

    The officialness is good! Congrats.

  • Happy Mommy

    I just was approved for Blogher, I'll let you know when I'm official.

  • Amanda

    It is for water, Tara. Can't believe you remembered! I put it in my purse today to drop into the account.

    Also, thanks for the link. I'll have to check it out.

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.