Tuesday, January 22, 2008

10 things

My friend Amy posted this meme on her blog, and followed it with a general tag. Since I cannot pass up a challenge, be prepared to be enthralled by all the things that bring me joy... or rather, just ten things that make me happy. When you're done reading, you should list your ten things.

1. Having an "A-Ha!" moment when reading some archaic piece of literature. Sometimes I'll read something and wonder what in the world the author is trying to say, but then suddenly, I'll have a moment where it's like I got to peek under the sheet -- all that was hidden is suddenly revealed, all the pieces fall into place, the whole world becomes entirely new. I love those moments.
2. Having one of those "A-Ha" moments when reading the Bible. This actually takes precedence over point one, but it's explained there. So there.
3. Babies -- my own, my friends', those that belong to complete strangers. (I don't like weird posters with babies out of context. Posters à la Anne Geddes, not as in people who post on blogs.)
4. Having someone else do the laundry.
5. Hanging out with Friends
6. Antique Malls
7. Bargains
8. Being Right (So wrong, I know, but I can't help but love it!)
9. When I'm hanging out in the morning in my fuzzy pink robe with unbrushed teeth and uncombed hair, basking in the light of the laptop while becoming current on my blog stalking, and my husband says, "Wow, babe -- you're looking really hot this morning." I love that because (1) he either really loves me just as I am, or (2) he's going blind and will no longer notice (sic, complain about) the piles of laundry that pop up from time to time (sic, constantly).
10. Being a part of something that matters: saying something on this blog that brings someone comfort or makes someone think, supporting someone as they leave behind their addiction, bringing beverages to those who thirst, etcetera, etcetera.

5 comments:

  • Randi~Dukes and Duchesses

    Love your list. It says so much about who you are. You always have words that make me think ... last night was a perfect example. In our end-of-night conversation you had such insight. Love that about you.

  • taralynn819

    Hey Amanda! I went back to try changing the date on my posts by clicking on "HTML edit", but I didn't see "Post Options" at the bottom of that page. Did I miss it? Sorry to post as comment here...I'm just trying to get it right. :)

  • Amanda

    No problem -- a comment's a comment, right? :) Glad you're reading!

    OK, so to change your dates: Go to Manage Posts (often on the Dashboard), choose the post you want to edit, then click "Edit."

    Now you're in the editing page. Make sure you're on the "Edit HTML" tab as opposed to the "Compose Tab." Look in the top right of the white section to be certain.

    Next, look down below the text box and right above the orange "Publish Post" button. There's a "Post Options" link there with an arrow. Click on either one.

    When you click it, a menu drops down. On the right of it, there's a field that says "Post Date and Time." Change your post date to the date you originally posted your original post. Then edit your entry title to take out the original posting date. Click "Publish Post," and you should be all backdated.

    Let me know if that doesn't work. I don't know what I could do about it, but I'd like to know if I'm giving poor instructions.

  • taralynn819

    It worked, it worked! Yeah! Now I can go back to just one blog. :) Thanks for taking the initiative!

  • Amanda

    Yay! Maybe I am a computer nerd after all!

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.