Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Trash/Treasure

Today's current events include a (story) where a group of skateboarders rescued a newborn baby stuffed in a trashbag and thrown into the dumpster. Despite freezing temperatures, exposure, no affection, a lack of food, and a very unsafe environment, the baby was found alive and crying and is now recovering in the hospital.

I sit alone in a quiet house thinking of throwing out a garage full of baby things, while someone else sits alone in a quiet house after having thrown out the baby. How true is the sentiment: One man's trash is another man's treasure...

6 comments:

  • Randi~Dukes and Duchesses

    So difficult to understand. It has to be an act of utter desperation and/or selfishness. I can imagine the pain it instills in you ... it does it in me as well and I haven't suffered your loss.

  • Amy

    I'm speechless.

  • Anonymous

    Doesn't it just infuriate you!? I struggle with the same issue of wanting what others seem to take for granted. Even while doing Foster care it was obvious how ungrateful these parents are for their children. It doesn't make sense that they can breed all over the place and we would give anything for a full term pregnancy/healthy baby.

  • Stacy

    Oh that just breaks my heart. At least God was watching over that baby. I'm with Amy - just speachless.

  • Emily

    I can't imagine what someone must be going through to do such a heartless act. It infuriates me that life can be taken for granted by so many when there are so many deserving of having new life in their homes.

  • Elizabeth

    I remember hearing stories of abandoned babies or "trashed" babies while Scott and I were childless. It absolutely ripped my heart out then and now. Absolutely heart breaking.

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.