Thursday, November 1, 2007

Nuts like a Payday Bar


After-school chores are a rarity around here. The kids really don't care too much for work or money, and I don't care too much for whining, so chores (thus far) have not been imposed. Every once in a while, however, I will call on the children to complete a task that I just do not want to do, but want to have done. Today, that task was organizing the Halloween candy.

No, we couldn't just eat it from a community bowl. Instead, it had to be sorted, categorized, and stored. In retrospect, I can see the need for that bit of organization might be a little nuts, but that wasn't as bad as it could have gotten. I did not succumb to the temptation to break out the labelmaker!


Candy Categories:
Chocolate
Suckers
Gummy/Chewy
(with subcategories for Tootsie Rolls and Bubble Gum)
Other


Update: I just saw today (Saturday) that Jenny's Caleb did the same thing with his Halloween loot. All I have to say to that is, "Uh-oh." :)

5 comments:

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.