Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Golden Compass


James and I were at the movies this weekend where there's a lovely poster for The Golden Compass. As I was walking towards it, he told me definately not to take the kids to go see it, that he'd heard some really bad things about it. But we'd seen the previews. It looked like a lovely Chronicles of Narnia type movie. Full of fantasy and beautiful cinematography -- what could be so bad?

I meant to ask others what they'd heard, but forgot. Then today, Faithful Chick wrote about The Golden Compass, mentioned a warning e-mail going around (that I've not seen), and linked to Snopes. Check it out for yourself, but we will be staying away. (My kids are too young for added confusion.)

Update: Even more about The Golden Compass. I feel like I've had my head in the sand.

1 comments:

  • Someone Being Me

    I received an email about it and decided it would not be a movie I would spend my money on. I also wrote a blog about it as well. Apparently the movie is a much more watered down version of the book but the author is someone I do not want to support.

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.