Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Choo-Chooing Along

Last week was "bad-baby week," as they have become so lovingly referred to around here. These are the weeks that I am bombarded with all things baby. Magazines and coupons arrive from my old registry. Friends become pregnant. Other friends have baby showers. That stack of maternity clothes tucked away on the top shelf in the laundry room falls on me while I'm already battling my archnemesis. I felt like I was on a train roaring towards terrible destruction.

But, I made it, and I didn't crash. And I went to a baby shower and didn't make an absolute fool of myself.

There's hope for me yet.





"You see, we don’t go around preaching about ourselves.
We preach that Jesus Christ is Lord,
and we ourselves are your servants for Jesus’ sake.
For God, who said, “Let there be light in the darkness,”
has made this light shine in our hearts
so we could know the glory of God
that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ.

"We now have this light shining in our hearts,
but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars
containing this great treasure.
This makes it clear that our great power is from God,
not from ourselves.

"We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed.
We are perplexed, but not driven to despair.
We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God.
We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed.
Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus
so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies."

II Corinthians 4:5-10 NLT

1 comments:

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.