Wednesday, February 6, 2008

More About MeMe

I've been tagged by Britni at Playful Professional for this meme. I'll tag the necessary people (at the bottom of this post), but feel free to take this on as your own, tag or not. Leave a comment to let me know if you do so I can come by and read.

THE RULES:
** Post about the meme and link back to the person that tagged you.
** Go back to your archives and link to your five favorite posts.

Link One: must be about family
Link Two: must be about friends
Link Three: must be about yourself
Link Four: must be about something you love
Link Five: can be anything you choose

** Tag five other people (at least two must be new acquaintances so that you can get to know them better).
** Let the person know that you tagged them by leaving a comment saying something like: I've tagged you. Check out my blog for details.
** Readers, don't forget to read the posts and leave comments - lots of comments.


And off we go...

At first, I was really excited about this meme. After all, I was chosen because someone wanted to get to know me better, and who doesn't appreciate that? (Britni won my giveaway, so we've only just met.) However, when I began looking back through posts to list my favorites, I realized just how dismal I often am.

Most of you who read here know intimately what a very difficult year it's been for me and for my family, as many of you know us in real life. We've been through a great deal of unexpected situations of late, and to plaster on a happy face in the midst of such great upheaval would be silly. Additionally, I believe I've made it clear (see the disclaimer to the left) that this blog is like a journal to me -- a place to be honest and to record the things I'm working through. Then, in turn, it will serve as an Ebenezer -- a place where I can look back to the darkest of days and remember how God brought in the light. (In I Samuel 7:12, Ebenezer means "stone of help," and in that particular situation, an Ebenezer was meant as a marker to remind Samuel of the ways in which God had helped him.)

Occasionally, I've thought of limiting the posts on this blog to the lighter and the brighter aspects of my life, focusing only on that which is fun or funny, but my personal writing time is very limited, and I'm more concerned with jotting down my reality as opposed to limiting what I mention to feel-good fluff. With all of that in mind, here goes the meme. I don't think it will depress anyone too much.

Link One: There was a tie between this post about my siblings, and this one about my husband, who just happens to be stuck in Louisville, Kentucky today after another very scary airplane experience and a diversion for safety. The airline is now trying to decide if their airplane is still functional, and James may miss his dinner meeting, which is in a completely different state.
Link Two: My friend Amy forced me to start blogging. I complained here, but now I'm totally addicted. She still lets me talk her ear off.
Link Three: By Definition is a post about how I perceive myself.
Link Four: This post is pretty inclusive: I love being a mommy. I love spending time with my kids. I love introducing them to amazing things and expanding their little brains. I love doing awesome things for free, and the DMA is free on Thursday nights.
Link Five: Again, a tie. This post was my first foray into using my blog as a journal, truly pouring out the darkness of my heart. This post is one I just love, and one that made me realize I may truly be addicted to blogging (considering how I wrote it while wrapped in a towel, still dripping from the shower that sparked the thought in the first place).

I'm tagging these people:
Elizabeth at My Sweet Blessings
Amy at For What It's Worth
Randi at Dukes' and Duchesses
Tara at Think Out Loud
Bear's Mom at Someone Being Me

3 comments:

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.