Tuesday, February 26, 2008

For the Write Reason

Not long ago, I would have sworn to anyone who asked that I was the world's unluckiest person. Throughout the course of my life I've won very few contests and drawings, and could probably count the prizes I've accumulated in all of time on less than my ten fingers. Truth be told, I've historically proven to be a big ol' loser. Lately, however, it seems I've been winning things right and left, and sure enough, I've won again!

Lysa TerKeurst at Proverbs 31 Ministries recently sponsored a giveaway for her book For the Write Reason, which is, according to TerKeurst, "a fantastic resource for aspiring writers and even includes a section on writing book proposals that get noticed by publishers." Unless the prize was a wad of cash or magic weight-loss pills, I'm pretty sure I could not have won a better giveaway. Thank you, Lysa -- I'm so excited to read it!

If you've not yet checked out the Proverbs 31 Ministries site, you should. In addition to having a fantastic blog, TerKeurst is the author of many books, as well as the coordinator of the She Speaks conference -- a conference for women who aspire to be Women's Ministers, Christian Writers, and Speakers.

3 comments:

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.