Sunday, May 24, 2009

Super Fun Take-a-Break Saturday

I have a giant, mostly unreasonable list of things I must have done before the baby comes, and about 83% of that list has absolutely nothing to do with the baby -- things like reorganizing the master bedroom closet (done!), pulling out some wasp-attracting holly bushes (done!), changing the edging on the front flower bed (done!), finding coordinating bedding for two little girls (done!), rearranging Gracie's room to bring in the crib (done!), and setting up the new baby furniture (done!).

Things still on "The List:" repainting the powder room, repainting Bub's room, painting the upstairs bathroom, painting over the green in the scrapbooking room -- the newly-applied green that I no longer like, finishing out the scrapbooking room when the new paint is applied, reorganizing the kitchen cabinets and pantry, installing kitchen hardware, changing the kitchen and dining room light fixtures, reorganizing the garage, rearranging the master bedroom, and deep cleaning all the baby gear.

Because we've been working hard, James felt like we were due a day of play yesterday, so we took the kids and left the house and "The List" behind. We went to the morning showing of Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, then had lunch and played games at Dave & Busters. From there, we went to the new Lego store in our area where the kids were allowed to fill little bins of the pick-a-piece Legos.

It was a fun break indeed, but now: Everyone, back to work!

Fun at Dave & Busters


Loving the Lego Store

4 comments:

  • Karen

    I am so laughing at this post....not at you but with you because your list resembles my list and my list keeps growing! I have even considered putting my list in an excel spreadsheet (so I could better prioritize) but I decided that was just a wee bit over the top.

    We have a handy dandy little tool that you can borrow that helps you install/line up your cabinent hardware. Seconds & Surplus in Dallas has great prices & variety. I found the hardware I had picked out online there for about $1.50 or $2/piece less. This project can be for the baby..... I use ponytail holders to baby proof my cabinents and without hardware there is nothing to wrap them around!

    I'm glad you had a fun day & good luck with your list!

  • Randi~Dukes and Duchesses

    I love your agenda. I can relate although when I read your list I'm thinking you should just skip a few things!

  • Amanda

    Oh, some things will absolutely be left undone. This is the "in a perfect world" list where boundless energy and limitless budgets exist. Fortunately, the actual baby to-do list is very short.

  • Sandi

    All I have to say is - nesting much???? haha
    love the list

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.