Monday, March 16, 2009

This is Why the Dog Needs a New Home

I love my planner. At the end of each year, purchasing a new planner is one of my happiest moments (and that's sad -- I know). I carry a Palm so I don't really need a paper planner, but there's something so satisfying about using my Papermate Sharpwriter #2 pencil to jot down each and every obligation. I like to preview my life with the turn of a page instead of with the click of a stylus. I'm old school like that.

As I spent my Sunday afternoon upstairs painting, Sadie spent her afternoon eating my existence. I came downstairs to find this heartbreaking sight:




I called James who was working in Omaha to tell him the dog had finally done it and she needed to find a new home. He thought I was being rash and a bit silly, but I suggested he think for one minute how he would feel if his Blackberry were passing through her lower intestine at that moment.

He understood my point.

Instead of giving her away, though, I took some time to calm down. She knew she was in trouble and had no whining complaints about spending the evening in her crate. I was able to piece the planner back together enough to get myself through the next week or two. Now, I have to set aside a day to transfer my future into something new.

As for the dog's future, she's not going anywhere right now. She's really a good dog -- I think she just made a really terrible decision during a normal puppy stage. At least, that's what I hope. She won't survive another planner being destroyed, that's for sure.

5 comments:

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.