Thursday, October 15, 2009

On Seeing Shadows

I see you. I see you in the glimmer of your sister's eye, hiding behind her smile. I see you as shadows, tiny shadows flashing on sweet baby skin.

I remember each one of you, how I longed for you, how my heart broke as you faded. Even now, as I hold a miracle in my arms, I feel you in the weight of her sleeping body, and I remember holding you -- each of you -- in my arms, in my hands, in my womb, in my heart. I hold you there even still and I remember...



October 15th is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day, an official day to recognize, to remember, to mourn.

One Year Ago


Somber Linkage: A Resource List


www.october15th.com



"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

-- Psalm 34:18

5 comments:

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.