Thursday, December 23, 2010

Yo Gabba Gabba DJ Lance Doll for Baby

Brystol loves Yo Gabba Gabba and will be getting a few of the Gab n' Sing characters for Christmas this year. I'd been looking for a DJ Lance Rock doll to go with her plushies, but no one makes a reasonable looking DJ Lance doll. While searching, I ran across the Gabba Friends website where someone posted their version and knew I had to try my hand at something similar.

I hunted for an Urkel doll on eBay. There were two versions available for purchase: a large talking doll and a small non-taking doll primarily comprised of fabric. I went with the smaller non-talking doll because it's essentially just a plush doll with a plastic head and hands, and that's better for the little girl who'll be getting it. (She tends to hit people when wielding large plastic objects.) As a bonus, the non-talking doll was cheaper, and I'm a big fan of cheap (although, free is my favorite).

After I scored the doll, I researched free patterns for custom clothes and combined a couple to fashion Lance Rock's orange jumpsuit. I made some adjustments to the original patterns, but I had a basic outline for the turtleneck and for the pants. I then used felt and free handed the trim details and belt. I also used felt to make some orange sneakers and the big hat. I used felt for the hat instead of a furry material because one-year-old Brystol and furry material don't mix. Maybe someday DJ Lance will get an upgrade, but for now the felt hat works.

My Mini DJ Lance Costume


DJ Lance Rock from Yo Gabba Gabba

0 comments:

All content © Mandigirl, 2007-2013.